Shipping Rates and Policies
Live Aquaponics is a U.S.-based company. We ship our products to every state in the
United States, but we do not export outside the U.S. at this time.
Shipping rates vary and are calculated in the shopping cart at
the time of checkout. Because we are shipping live products, we only ship
via UPS overnight delivery service. “Overnight shipping” refers to the method
of shipping we use, but it does not guarantee you will receive your shipment
the next day. We typically do not ship same-day orders. Please refer to the
“Availability” notation on each product description for an estimated shipping
On the day your order ships, we will send the UPS tracking
number to the email address you use during checkout. Please be sure someone
will be home to receive and properly acclimate your order of live products upon
arrival. In very cold weather, we add a heat pack, and in very warm weather, we
add a cooling pack to your shipment at no additional charge to you. Even with these precautions, we cannot be responsible
for packages left outside in the hot sun or freezing cold. If you need a
specific delivery date when someone will be available to receive your shipment,
please specify that in the “notes” section of your order during checkout.
While we expect all of our live products to arrive healthy and
in good condition, in the rare instance in which any live product arrives DOA
(dead on arrival), please immediately notify us via email at email@example.com. Your email
should contain very clear photographs of the deceased species in the original unopened
shipping bag; blurry photos will not be accepted. In order to receive a refund
or replacement, we must be notified within two hours of delivery.
While we guarantee that your live species will arrive alive, you
are solely responsible for acclimating your new addition to your tank or aquarium.
Once the shipment is complete and the living item is out of our care and control,
Live Aquaponics cannot be held responsible for its continued well-being.
We take great pride in ensuring that your fish or crustacean
species has been bred according to the highest standards and we ask that each
of our customers be well informed and prepared to properly care for their new live
additions before they arrive.
In the event that you have any product that arrives DOA, Live
Aquaponics reserves the right to choose whether to issue a refund or the original
purchase price of the product that was DOA or send a replacement of the DOA
product at no charge to you within 30 days of your original purchase date.
Shipping charges are non-refundable. Please read our conditions for our Live
Arrival Guarantee below.
Conditions of Live Arrival Guarantee
- We do not guarantee live delivery to areas where daytime high temperatures
are 90˚ F or above, or to areas where the daytime high temperatures are 40˚ F
or below, regardless of time in transit. This condition refers to the daytime
high temperature, not the temperature at the time of delivery. Shipment to
areas with these temperature extremes is at your own risk and will not be
covered by our guarantee.
- We do not guarantee live delivery to Alaska or Hawaii. Shipments to these states is at your own risk and will not be covered by our guarantee.
- Someone must be home to receive all shipments from Live Aquaponics.
Orders cannot be left outside for any period of time. If you or someone you
appoint is not available when the order arrives, our guarantee will be void.
- If you have a DOA product, you must notify Live Aquaponics via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
within two hours of the delivery. Your email must contain clear photographs of
the deceased species in the original unopened shipping bag.
- We do not offer re-shipments, refunds or credits after a second DOA failure.
- We do not offer free shipping or product replacement if your
order is returned to us as unclaimed or undeliverable.
- We cannot accommodate special delivery instructions such as “leave
package at the side of the house behind bush” or “deliver between 1 p.m. and 2
p.m.” or “deliver to front door, not mailbox.” Postal/UPS carriers may not read
or follow those instructions, and we have no control over the time when orders
are delivered. Thus, we will not be held responsible for DOAs resulting from
the failure of UPS or mail carriers to follow special instructions or for
shipments not delivered at a specified time.
- We cannot guarantee living items will continue living once the
shipment is complete. Once the living
items are out of our care and control, we are no longer responsible for their
- It is the Purchaser's sole responsibility to check all state and local laws, rules and restrictions to ensure that the items they are purchasing are legal to import and posses in their local area. Should a shipment be stopped, delayed or returned to Live Aquaponics by a state or other authority, no re-shipments, refunds or credits will be issued.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.